Wednesday, March 26, 2008

What color is your hair.........down there ?

As you may remember I had my first brazilian wax in January of this year. Was it painful? You betcha! Did I do it again? Yep, but in this case three was not a charm.

Here(in Belgium) I don't think they understand the true nature of what a brazilian wax is. Both times not all the hair 'down there' was removed.

The first time I was told it was due to the fact it was my first waxing and therefore they were being very careful. The beautician said they would remove the hairs that had been left behind next time around. It didn't make much sense to me but as my skin felt like it was on fire, I presumed she knew what she was talking about.

The second time the same thing occurred and I asked the beautician if she could remove all the hair as that was what I was paying for. But she told me that it was normal that some hairs were always left behind. I didn't really believe her and concluded that this type of waxing just wasn't made for my skin or what I had thought it would be.

Only after talking to a friend of mine, who also happens to be a beautician, did I learn that it wasn't me,nor my rather delicate skin, that was at fault but the beauty salon itself.

Normally ALL the hairs have to be removed when one is waxed, and it doesn't matter whether its a brazilian wax or just a plain leg wax. The result has to be a hairless, smooth, non irritated skin.

Since there isn't another salon in this Province that even does brazilian waxing, I gave up on the idea.

And now I'm so glad I did !

Because in my search of more information about waxing, I stumbled upon a site that offers hair color dye........for the hair down there!

Enthused by what I read, I contacted the public relations agency of this company and asked if I could interview the woman behind this wonderful idea. Within a couple of weeks I was able to schedule an interview and talk to Nancy Jarecki, CEO and innovator of bettybeauty inc. (www.bettybeauty.com)

Nancy is a wonderful, kind hearted, vivacious woman and she talked open heartedly about her life, career and where she got the idea of color dye for the hair down there.

In the April issue of Eden and Elle Magazine you will be able to read all about Nancy Jarecki, the bettybeauty inc. products and even about her marriage to Andrew Jarecki, Moviefone cofounder and Hollywood director of movies like Capturing the Friedmans.

Eden and Elle Magazine is available from 1st April. Visit www.edenandelle.com for your very own FREE issue.

No comments: