Monday, October 15, 2007

Lips like Angelina Jolie !?!

Have you ever looked closely at a picture of Angelina Jolie? I think she's attractive but not because she is well proportioned, more because she doesn't care what anyone thinks of her and the way she looks. Her lips have been the topic of conversation numerous times as people try to figure out whether they are naturally full or cosmetic surgery has been used.

I like her lips, and natural or not, they suit her. So what if they were cosmetically enhanced, if SHE feels better with herself that way, it's her prerogative. And that's my whole point, when does one have the right to criticize how another looks? Is it not up to the person themselves.

Just look at Mick Jagger, do you really think anyone in their right mind would have their lips enhanced like that?! I doubt it but those lips have become a trademark for Mr. Jagger and if he FEELS comfortable with them, then rock on!

Even though we now live in a society where beauty equals a size 4, it wasn't always this way.In the 1600's women with that same size were considered malnourished and not attractive by society. So, basically it comes down to what the norm of society is. Many doctors maintain that it is not unhealthy to be full bodied--that stress and weight fluctuations are medically more dangerous than weight itself.

When I was a kid I was very skinny. No amount of food I ate would help me gain weight and even though I repeatedly asked the doctor for some form of weight gain products he refused saying that I was healthy and didn't need them. Actually, I didn't mind being so skinny but I was mad at him because I was being teased at school, he wasn't.

In other words outside pressure made me feel as if I was abnormal when in reality I was just thinner than a lot of others, nothing more, nothing less.

So it doesn't matter if you are "too" thin or overweight, what does is your health. That and how you FEEL about yourself is much more important than what society says. Having said this,I'm off to have my droopy thin lined lips plumped up a little tomorrow, but ONLY because I want to.

No comments: