Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Luscious lips....?

It's been just over a week since I had my lips enhanced. One thing I learned is to ask everything BEFORE I have any kind of changes done to my body. Not that I wasn't given the chance to do so during the initial consultation since the surgeon was very patient and answered all and any questions I had but I should have asked more. Then again, if I had known exactly how my lips were going to be enhanced I may not even have had them done.

I knew I was going to need a local anesthetic, what I didn't realize is that that was going to damn well hurt more than the enhancement itself (but I guess that's coz by the time the surgeon injected the liquid I didn't feel anything anymore due to the anesthetic) I also didn't realize that my lips were not going to be exactly the way I wanted them to be as soon as the enhancement was finished so when I looked in the mirror directly afterwards I was shocked!

Fortunately the nurses at the clinic and the doctor himself reassured me that the swelling, which was partly due to the anesthetic and partly due to the "surgery" itself, would go down within the next 24 to 48 hours. And they were right. The area surrounding my lips was almost completely normal at he day after and my lips themselves were looking deliciously full & exactly the way I pictured them to be.

So I am very happy that I had this done, however I would suggest that if you do decide to have any part of your body changed or enhanced, try to find a doctor who can show you what the end result will look like on a computer by means of digital photography or something like that. I didn't and though I personally know the surgeon who did my lips, it was something I should have asked him to show me.

Let me end this by saying I thought about this procedure for about a year before I actually went ahead with it, collecting information, pondering about whether it would make me FEEL happier or not. If it would change anything in my life and to make sure I was only doing this for me, myself and I and no-one else. It's very important that you never have any type of surgery or procedure done unless you are the one that truly feels it will make you feel happier.

No comments: