Thursday, February 7, 2008

Bigger than the Super Bowl upset !

Did you know that 97% of women on this planet do NOT have, according to the fashion industry, the right body proportions?

During my modelling years, I saw many beautiful, photogenic girls be turned away at the agency just because they were what the agents called "full figured" and by that they meant they had a size 6.

Then there was me, skinny, disliking the way my bones protruded out of my skin, not tall enough for the runway, getting job after job because I had what is referred to as a 'barbie doll' figure. It just didn't seem fair and........I really envied those girls.

They didn't have to shop for clothes in the childrens' department, they didn't have to have their clothes specially made because their chest size was two dress sizes bigger than their waist dress size or their boyfriend telling them that they looked like a skeleton.

But unfortunately, most didn't see it that way. They thought I was so lucky and that I should be grateful for the way I looked instead of 'bitching' about it.

Ever since that period in my life, I have always defended the female population in every way I could when it came to weight and body posture, and now with Eden and Elle Magazine I have made a platform for each and every women who also feels that they have every right to be who they are, to look like they do, and be very proud of it.

Please watch the following video. You will see gorgeous 'everyday' women who may not have the 'perfect' body proportions, but they DO look as breathtaking as any professional centerfold. Join our team and sign our petition of Rights for a Fuller Figure!


No comments: