Friday, May 16, 2008

It's My Party and I'm having fun !

By the time people turn forty they will most likely have married or settled down, had kids, about 50% will have gotten divorced and either be in a rut concerning their work or heading for a burnout. Few are actually happy, love their lives and are capable to understand and appreciate that life is wonderful, full of opportunities and wonders.

I like to think that I belong in the last category. Sure, I have had challenges and less positive situations occur in my life but I have also always tried to enjoy it and keep an open mind to possibilities, learning something new each and every day.

I turn forty at the end of the month and I'm really looking forward to it. Not because it's an ideal excuse to throw a party, nor because of the gifts I may receive, but simply because I get to celebrate the fact that I probably have another forty years ahead of me in which I can enjoy my life, watch my kids grow up, love, work and play.

Isn't that something great to look forward to?

I don't dwell on the past, I also have learned not to live in far ahead future, but to take pleasure in the moment of now. Often we seem to forget that only now exists, that we can choose to feel good right now, no matter what may be going on in our lives. We forget to be grateful for what we have, and instead worry or are frustrated about what we haven't got. That doesn't mean I don't make any plans, what it does mean that if along the journey those plans change, I embrace those changes, not curse them.

Don't get me wrong, it's simple but not always easy and I too sometimes find it hard to see something good in a less than positive situation. But you know what? If I don't, the only person I'm hurting is me.....and I love myself too much to purposely hurt me.

That may sound egotistical, but think of it this way. What goes around comes around, and if you have no love to give, then you cannot receive it either. And you can only have love to give, if you genuinely care and love yourself. Treat yourself exactly how you would want others to treat you, understand that you deserve to be happy, respected and enjoy your life.

You do this and you'll be attracting that what you are giving out to the universe. The law of attraction NEVER fails, Like attracts Like.....and therefore you get what you give.

I am passionate about music, it's part of my life, and any song has a huge effect on the way that I feel. Have you ever wondered why most people, when they are sad, after a break up for example, choose to play love songs? How masochistic is that? It only makes them feel worse! When I do feel a little sad, I play fun, happy music. This immediately elevates my sadness and gives me a happier feeling.

The music video below is my all time favorite. I hope you'll enjoy it just as much as I do, and go ahead....sing and dance along.....who cares if someone is watching!

Enjoy!

No comments: