Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Truth Will Set You Free !

A wonderful friend of mine and I were talking about ways to really get up close and personal with....oneself.

She suggested the following technique and believe me, it works, EVERY time. It can be confrontational but you do receive the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I'm dedicating this weeks blog to Paula Wood, and if you would like to contact her, just send me an email and I'll send it straight through to her.

*****
I thought I would share a little tool that I use. It's one that I often share with others...as I know that we all have our own answers...and rather than just think about the things that are going on inside of us that aren't working...this is action based and I find that it is way more effective...as it requires the person to stop and focus and really take action, rather than just think about it. Make sense?

Mirror work. That's what I call it. It's not an easy process, in fact, I resist doing it a lot of the time, because I know that I will come face to face with 'me'. BUT...it's very powerful.

What you do is go sit in front of a mirror...and get as close as you comfortably can. ( I sit in my bathroom sink). And then just look into your eyes...and don't stray.

And then just start talking to yourself. Start off with the things you don't like about yourself, or start saying the things that you pick apart about yourself or just whatever. And just start talking. Get angry or whatever shows up. Just let everything out...all of the things you use to beat yourself up or that you use to reaffirm your doubts. And just let things come out naturally.

Eventually the real you will surface and it will shift. Your 'you' will start talking to you...as you look into your 'you' eyes. You will then start seeing the beauty, the power, the divinity that is you and when you are all done...you won't be able to deny yourself anymore. (there's usually a lot of tears involved, as this process is really quite cleansing and eye opening).

By the time you get off that counter or out of that chair...you can't help but see yourself as the most amazingly beautiful creation and you will smile at yourself, the same way you smile at a child or anything else that touches your heart with joy. You will be your own joy!

This can take a little bit of time or a lot of time...I know I've spent a couple of hours in front of the mirror before...depending on just how much I was resisting myself. It is very powerful and cleansing.
*****

Thanks to Paula we shall all be sitting in our bathroom sinks staring at ourselves and FINALLY getting somewhere!

Hugs

No comments: