Monday, September 17, 2007

The Age Of Designer Bodies......

I'm not really into following trends but I do like to check out what's happening when it comes to the latest fads and crazes just so I know what my kids are talking about. I surf to a trend magazine about twice a month and last night I had some extra time on my hands so I did just that.

For years now the percentage of (especially) women having plastic surgery has been steadily growing but it still came as a big surprise when I read that the latest trend in plastic surgery is "designer vagina's"!

It seems Women are undertaking all kinds of modifications down below,including tightening, labial reductions, clitoral enhancements and G spot augmentations, and all just to "beautify"their womanhood. The article goes on to say that many females have issues when it comes to the appearance of their vagina's, and this low self-esteem can have a negative influence on their sex lives.

I don't know about any of you but I for one have absolutely no intention of having my private parts "fixed" just for the sake of aesthetics. I don't condone it, and if medically necessary I can totally understand it but the surgery is risky with many doctors advising against it and causing increasing concerns from gynecologists.

Still, who am I to talk. Years ago I told anyone who would listen that I would NEVER have any type of plastic surgery done, and I still won't crack under the pressure of the media with all the anti wrinkle creams etc.

But.....if one day I wake and I don't like what I see in the mirror who knows, I might just make an appointment yet even then, I know that if I were to have plastic surgery, it would ONLY be because me, myself and I desire it and not for anyone else.

No comments: